Freitag, 16. Januar 2015

Local Band/ Colliding Stars

Hey, sweeties!

Today I really wanna talk to you about a band called "Colliding Stars".
Well...as you might know, I am all about the music scene and supporting local bands.
It all started when I was 15 years or something like that. I love exploring the music scene and finding
new music, even better when the band plays anything in the Alternative Rock or Pop Punk/ Punk Rock
genre.
But who are Collding Stars?
They are three young musicians basically from the suburbs of the capital of Austria/Europe.
Formed in 2013, they released their first EP 'Open The Sky' - it reached 1# on the Austrian iTunes Rock Album Charts on the first day and 25# in the overall Album Charts. Which is freakin' amazing for a 
little band. They say that Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Billy Talent and Bad Suns are their influences (https://www.facebook.com/Collidingstarsband). In my opinion, they really remind me of 
All Time Low in a cute way. They try really hard and in my opinion they still have a lot to learn, many
concerts to play until they are anywhere near their heroes. But before you're telling me that I should stop talking just negative things...there are many positive ones; all of them can play their instruments actually really good, they know what they are doing. Also, Danny, the lead singer, has a very special singing voice.
I don't think you've ever heard a voice like that. It took me some time to really get used to it...and at first to be honest I thought it was horrible, but then I realised that every note, every line in the song is so much
on point and that he has actually a great voice.
Which brings me to the fact that after the first time I've seen them live a few negative things about them acting on stage stung in my eye and I couldn't do anything else that writing them what they could improve.
There is always things to improve, I don't think any musician is perfect. They all fuck-up,
they all play wrong chords or forget their own lyrics. But hey, that's human...and I rather watch a band
play their own instruments and sing the songs they wrote themselves, that a band that was formed by a music management just for commercial purposes.
You can check them out here:
I will go to one of their concerts tonight, it's a band contest and I'm rather excited. I really hope that they took just one thing I told them to heart and try to do it like I told them. I know what I'm talking about...eventhough it might seem a little weird. But I had enough contact and interaction with musicians to know what it is all about.
Hope you're all having a wonderful day/evening!
xoxo Eva




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen