Dienstag, 11. Juni 2013

Best day in India?!!

Today was a very special day here...if not the best day so far.
After breakfast and helping in the kitchen (cutting vegetables), the 3 other volunteer girls, two
staff members and me went to the Murugan Temple in Ilanji, which is just a 15-minutes walk away
from the Ashram.
There lives a real temple elephant! She is from North India and was a present to the temple. A 'blessing' of her - touching your head with her trunk - brings luck and happiness. I am so in love, I swear.
Sad thing is that she does not seem to be happy. That's not a life worth living, the one she lives. The man that took care of her beat her without any real cause.
We brought 7 bananas with us, which we fed her ourselves, that was amazing. The skin of an elephant feels pretty weird, kinda soft, but at the same time kind of rough.
I will definitely not forget this moment for my whole life! :)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen